1. Paint – Doing this will instantly revamp your home, and it’s one of the most cost-effective methods into making your house look appealing to buyers. Light-colored, neutral tones make your rooms look more spacious and it also makes it look as if it’s blank canvas, where your buyers can help picture how they want it to look once they move in.
2. Kitchen – The kitchen is one of the most functional spaces in a home. You don’t have to stuff it with new appliances to make it look like a dream kitchen, but just make sure to address problems regarding usability. Leaking faucets and old sinks must be repaired, and the dishwasher or range that is out of shape should be replaced. Also check if hinges or tracking in your drawers and cupboards need fixing.
3. Flooring – No one wants to live in a home with sub-par flooring. Buyers prefer hardwood floors, so if your house has that and it’s in good condition, make sure to make it known by removing carpeting. But if you don’t, there are a number of low-cost options such wood plank tiles or highly upgraded laminated flooring.
4. Bathroom – Just like the kitchen, the bathroom is a very functional space in a home. Check for leaky faucets and if necessary, replace caulking in the areas like shower, sink, and toilet to help in keeping the moisture out. Also keep in mind that making it clean goes a long way. Have the toilet as white as possible, and have your grouts steam-cleaned.
5. Roof – If your roof is in bad shape, it’s advisable to cater to this before you set your house up for sale so that renegotiation and price reduction won’t be on the table once a buyer makes an offer.
6. Exterior – Your curb is where buyers get a first impression of your home. Include fences in your paint job, patch up cement cracks in sidewalks, and resurface asphalt driveways if necessary. If you have extra cash to spare, add in bright flowers and plants to spruce up your curb.
7. Lighting – The lights sets the atmosphere of the home – the brighter they are, the more enticing and welcoming your rooms will look. Make sure that lights are working properly both on the exterior and interior of your home. Don’t forget to check if your switches work, too!
8. Air conditioning and heating systems – As mentioned previously, your home may most likely be subject to a house inspection so it’s good to get ahead of them and take care of minor repairs. Having this in top shape will definitely give you an advantage over other sellers.
9. Plumbing – Your house may look good in terms of its aesthetics but if there’s problems in the practical aspects of the home, buyers might step back. You can tend to minor fixtures yourself but if you want to be assured that the plumbing is in a good condition, hire an expert to inspect and fix.
10 . Knobs – They may seem trivial but buyers could be critical of everything. If something as basic as a door knob is not working, buyers might think that the more important parts of the house are not working too.
Sell your Houston Home Fast for Cash? There is a Better Way!